PayPal cash a check

Bro-BQ
New Community Member

Can I cash a check if the check is made out to my business name? Or do I have to use my real name? Or can I use either one? My real name and my business name are listed on my PayPal account. I'd like to know so I can tell my customers who to make a check out to. Thanks...

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

if they are sending you a check,then it has nothing to do with Paypal,unless you want to deposit that check to your Paypal account.

look into this app

-

What is the Cash a Check service in the PayPal app?

Cash a Check service in the PayPal app allows you to cash checks and have them credited to your PayPal account, using the PayPal app on your mobile device. You simply take a picture of the check you want to cash, and send it to us for review. If your check is approved, you have the option to pay a fee and get your money credited to your PayPal account in minutes, or if you don’t need the money immediately, you can get your money in 10 days for no fee, if the check is not returned unpaid.

Login to Me Too

Elleposh1
New Community Member
How is this done! As I have tried paying a checking in myself and don’t have the facility to do so on my account. Is there a process to doing this.?
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

it should be the name which agrees with the SS number 

Login to Me Too

Howdoesthiswork
Contributor
Contributor

Neither of the above answers address the question of whether you can deposit a check made out to a business to your Paypal account via the Paypal app.  IF what is true when speaking with Paypal customer support just now is correct, then the answer is no.  I say IF, because I just had a ridiculous exchange with someone in the Card dept which is where they forced my call to.  He said I could open another account, cash the check to it, and then transfer the money to my Paypal account that is in my business name.  We went around several times where I tried to explain to him that if Paypal allowed me to deposit a check made out to my business in my personal account they would be breaking all sorts of rules.  I wasn't sure if his answers were accurate because he kept not acknowledging that the check was made out to the business name.  Finally he seemed to come to the conclusion that the Cash a check option was not enabled on my Mobile app because you can't deposit a business check.  Still worth verifying though as there were no straight answers.  

Login to Me Too

youngbaldwin
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting the same run around. I've spoken with several customer service reps and have gotten a different response every time, none of them telling me whether or not I can deposit a business check in to my business account. Paypal customer service is a joke. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is not possible because PayPal “Cash a check” service is for PayPal Cash Plus account users who could only be personal account users, not business account users.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.