PayPal balance not showing up on Safaricom app

Smits0
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I’ve linked my PayPal and M-PESA accounts and there is money on my PayPal balance. However, when I try to withdraw money from PayPal to add to my M-PESA account, the balance shows up as nil. Anyone able to shed light on what could be the bug? Thanks.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

RawDent
Contributor
Contributor

So I contacted PayPal through twitter. ^CS i guess the customer service person suggested the below;
-------------
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out to PayPal. I am sorry to know you are facing issues in transferring money from your account. I request you to try withdrawing the money as per the currency in your account. As per the screenshot you have shared, it could be the USD is your Primary currency and it is 0. Try changing the currency on withdrawal. Thank you. ^CS
-------------

So i went to my wallet and converted the funds from Euros to USD and then went to withdraw from MPESA - Funds were available to withdraw!!!FundsSucess.PNG

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Aurasue9
New Community Member
I have almost the same issue, my paypal balance is showing but when i try to withdraw it says error...
Login to Me Too

RawDent
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue, I have engaged Safaricom/Thunes/PayPal agents. Can someone please help to resolve this problem please?
1. I have money in my PayPal account.
2. I want to withdraw to my M-PESA.
3. I login to my PayPal M-PESA account, it is linked.
4. When I click withdraw it shows I have 0.00 USD balance.
5. Who is at fault? PayPal? Thunes or M-PESA?

Please urgently help.

Login to Me Too
Solved

RawDent
Contributor
Contributor

So I contacted PayPal through twitter. ^CS i guess the customer service person suggested the below;
-------------
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out to PayPal. I am sorry to know you are facing issues in transferring money from your account. I request you to try withdrawing the money as per the currency in your account. As per the screenshot you have shared, it could be the USD is your Primary currency and it is 0. Try changing the currency on withdrawal. Thank you. ^CS
-------------

So i went to my wallet and converted the funds from Euros to USD and then went to withdraw from MPESA - Funds were available to withdraw!!!FundsSucess.PNG

Login to Me Too

Smits0
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks RawDent! It worked!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.