Non-Paypal user confirming receipt of item

jainm

Hello all,

I sent a digital good to a customer, who in turn paid for it. The funds are currently pending/on hold in my account. I sent them an invoice for the item, and the buyer did not log into PayPal to complete the transaction, and instead checked out and paid for the item as a guest. The buyer told me that he received the item, however, the funds are still on hold on my account. When I open the transaction in the My Summary section, I get this error message: "You have successfully updated shipment information. You’ll get your money within 1 day of delivery."

Neither I nor the buyer are sure of where to confirm delivery on PayPal (as he does not even have an account and checked out without creating one). Any way to resolve this?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Miracle_
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get your money I had the same problem too I can't get my money
Login to Me Too

Miracle_
Contributor
Contributor
Pls message me here's did you get now your money still my money is in pending
Login to Me Too

And33
What's the answer this guest confirmation
Login to Me Too

Milijana123

Completely the same issue. PayPal is not even offering the option by which you could you send e-mail to the customer by which he/she can confirm delivery, without using the PayPal account.

Does anyone have solution for this?????!!!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Milijana123 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. As you have received the funds for a service no tracking number is applicable and Paypal would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.