NEW SELLER ON EBAY ! HOW LONG WILL PAYPAL HOLD MY FUNDS FOR ?

kimbobs
Contributor
Contributor

I am a new seller on ebay and have just set up a paypal account to manage my transactions only to find that paypal are gonna hold my money because i am a new customer , why do they do this and how long will they hold my money for ?? some pls help 

Login to Me Too
136 REPLIES 136

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gasfit60

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Feedback does not count for payment release.

Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).

However as you haven't said what country you are in I can't give you the link with more info.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

No1KingEdward
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal's site says explicitly that the funds will be released "immediately" after buyer gives positive feedback...so this "expert" or whatever they say they are is not as informed as they should be...and maybe they should get more information on the companies they are representing before defending them...cause these two companies(yep they are separate but they certainly are partners and they absolutely love this relationship because they can each pass the buck onto the other....whatever they can do to not pass the buck(s) on to us...haha!!!!!)....I have to laugh because if I don't, I will slit my throat after having these evil companies hold my funds for over a week after they should have...ebay released the funds on the 12th...today's the 21st...paypay still says the funds are on hold by ebay...ebay says they aren't....paypal says they are....ebay says they aren't ...paypal says they are...ebay says they aren't....are you getting the point yet? try that on the phone for 2 f'n hours at a time every day for over a week...would you be suicidal? I am. Goodbye, cruel companies!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@No1KingEdward 

You are WRONG. 

Ebay and Paypal have 2 SEPARATE policies for holding funds as they are 2 SEPARATE companies.

So yes they have a partnership with Ebay in that they are a payment processor offered on Ebay the same way that other payment processors have the same partnership.

And releasing funds on feedback being left HAS NOT APPLIED FOR YEARS.  

So i have the correct information thank you very much.

As for your funds being held then its not guaranteed that you will get them before 21 days although 'normally' they do release them if you use ebay/paypal shipping labels or enter tracking.

I am also not defending them, I am giving you the FACTS.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

No1KingEdward
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlASS...even your own link shows that the feedback with other criteria met is grounds for immediate release...if you are referring to the other criteria as the disqualifier for the feedback giving immediate release, why don't you say that? You just sit back and type out all these useless comments like all the pieces of crap trolling on the net...you are worse than them all!!! Get a real job and quit pretending to be the king of PayPal information...you haven't been even remotely helpful...and anyone who has kudo'd your comments is an ignorant fool...or their situation isn't as impactful on their lives like mine and thousands of others that I've seen online. Quit trying to defend the indefensible with "there are no guarantees" BS...as said in another reply, guaranteed or not, the implication is set forth by both companies and is touted by the reps when you call in to either company...I know cause I've called and spoken to countless reps this last week plus...if you really want to help, get our f'n funds released like any concerned entity would do!!!

Login to Me Too

wiganfem
Contributor
Contributor

Please help me with my issue. I sold an item ,ok i dont sell much and accept that ebay put a hold. They issue is they told me, that once i uploaded tracking and it was shown as delivered they would release the funds and imwould have them within 24 hours. That should have been 25 August. It was not available. contacted ebay, they said released so contact paypal, this happened to and fro about 6 times. They suggested a three way call.  Did this, ebay said there is a bug and i should allow another 24/48 hours. That was 27 August. Still not cleared, emails and chats again, ebay say released its paypal, paypal say they didnt receive the release info and cant release manually as ebay took the option away. This backwards and forwards again and again. So basically lot of money, delivery proved, ebay hold, paypal say cant release ebay say they have and paypal should do it. Where does this leave me? indefinate time with no funds. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wiganfem

The longest its held is 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Keisha4366
Contributor
Contributor
My money is held and isn't from no customer at all , not even Ebay or any social media platform can understand and tell me what reason PayPal should now hold my money, I've verified everything there is to do so they decide to LIMIT my account forever ? Really because of business practices? That's what the email said but I've refunded my 2 customers because I can't wait 6 months and my money Ebay owed me is held , can anyone explain this
Login to Me Too

AnnikasAttic
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is an absolute joke we have now made 4 formal complaints about this problem, several phone calls we have been promised someone will review our account and get back to us but we have had nothing in response. We are trying to run a business on ebay we are 4 months established , have passed our ebay hold period a month ago with 100% perfect feedback and delivery times and yet paypal are still holding our incoming funds. We cannot keep fronting the postage especially abroad we are talking up to $90 to post some items and then waiting 4 weeks for our funds this is not how small businesses work, we are now going to refund everyone and close our account this is an appalling service, all we wanted was an answer as to why paypal are doing this to us and they cant even provide this or explain.

Paypal suck its the worst business banking system we have ever had the nightmare or using and has cost us our dream of starting a small shop, we are financially **bleep** now.

Login to Me Too

MemeMomma94
Contributor
Contributor
My buyer has already receive the item and left a review that it’s been delivered still my money is on hold
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MemeMomma94 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Feedback does not count for payment release.

Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.
http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/payments-and-fees/funds-availability.html

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.