Issues withdrawing money to netspend card

PhilthyPhil101
New Community Member
Hello everyone. First I want to say thanks to anyone who can help. So.. I recently started livestreaming on twitch. I'm order to start accepting donations from viewers, streamlabs had me set up a donation page using PayPal. Anyway, I went ahead and tried a test donation and sent two dollars from my fiance's PayPal to my PayPal. Her PayPal is a personal account and mine is a business account (as my stream software advised me to in order to accept donations)... Anyway, all seemed well at first, it shows the two dollars leaving her account, both on her PayPal activity and actual online banking history, and it reached my PayPal account as well. My problem is that when I went to withdraw the money to send it instantly to my netspend card (listed as visa credit card), it seemed fine at first, got the email about the request and it said something like wait up to 30 minutes.... Well I woke up and seen that the withdraw request to payment card was denied and also it isn't showing the two dollars in my PayPal account like it did before I tried the transfer. I know there's a fee and I'm not expecting to receive the full two dollars but does anyone know what's going on here? Would it make a different if I entered the actual bank account information into PayPal? (Routing number and account number for netspend account)... Furthermore, if I choose to leave it as is, can I just use the PayPal money to shop online instead of paying a fee to have it transferred? Most of the donation money will be used online for stream upgrades anyway... I would actually feel more secure not having my account linked at all if I can just use my PayPal account to shop by inputting my PayPal email at checkout (assuming that's how it's done if I were to use PayPal on Amazon or something similar). I guess my other question remains though, where did the two dollars go that was denied on my end when I tried to withdraw to my netspend card? Does it take time to show up on my account again like it did before I made the withdraw request? Basically it showed that I had 2.00 in my business account, then I opted to withdraw to netspend visa, and now since the request to withdraw was denied, my balance is showing 0.00 in my PayPal account and it wasn't refunded to my fiance's account either...
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.