Is it just me or is paypal turning into "gee, sorry, we can't pay you what you've earned?"

CJ-Lee
Contributor
Contributor

I got paid by a customer, a MEDICAL DOCTOR, because I did some work for him, and now PAYPAL REFUSES TO LET ME HAVE MY MONEY!!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CJ-Lee 

Do you mean its on hold as per link?

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CJ-Lee
Contributor
Contributor

No, what I mean is that it's turning into a real game with them.  Anyway they can, they will deny me my money. 

They would not transfer to either of my debit cards linked to my account and HAVE BEEN LINKED TO THAT ACCOUNT for many months now. Then they sent me their "business debit card," and when I went back in to see if they'd at least let me put the money on that card so I can get my hands on the money I earned, they denied that as well. All the while taking their "fee" for each attempted transaction, reducing what is left by a great deal more than their stated "fees."  

They've turned what should have been a simple process into "let's see how many barriers we can put in your way, so we can keep you from the money you need." That captcha thing might be okay for people who have perfect eyesight or perfect hearing, but for a senior citizen whose eyes need multiple pairs of glasses and good lighting with contrast, captcha is a nightmare. And as for my hearing, that background hiss cuts out the range of frequencies I can hear so I have to go through it multiple times to finally get one they haven't obliterated the speech with background hissing.

And the next level of cruelty is making me change my password multiple times so I certainly cannot remember, and if I managed to write it down, their system fails to retain it.

And for every transaction they trick me into trying, they take another "fee." Out of $122.50 I earned and my customer paid me, what's left is less than $115. For all its purported "convenience" the hours of otherwise compensated work time has whittled away my hours spent in gainful endeavors so paypal is not worth the time, effort, or raw nerves. 

I have signed up with Stripe as my money in/money out program. Paypal is FIRED!

So, yeah, I do mean what I said.  Paypal is DECIDEDLY NOT your friend anymore. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CJ-Lee 

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.