7 days of verification to receive the money?

Astridbjtt
Contributor
Contributor

''You have successfully updated order information. You’ll get your money within 7 days of verification.''

I really dont understand what it means exactly. Ive sold an digital item for $150 and it went on hold. Ive verifiedd it and now they gave me this msg. Did i already verified it by confirming it? Or the buyer should confirm it as well? Btw, today ive sold anothe item, but this time for $5 and the money went on hold as well. Is this a pattern? What should I do now? Should i want the 7 days and the money will appear in my balance or should i do anything else?

Add info: this msg appears when i go to paypal and click on it. It shows that the transaction is pending and on hold, but when i click on it it shows only on hold

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Astridbjtt 

Ask buyer to confirm receipt on the transaction.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Astridbjtt
Contributor
Contributor
how can he do it?
Login to Me Too

Astridbjtt
Contributor
Contributor
how can he do it? it says "transaction completed" there is nothing else to do
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Astridbjtt 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. They can validate the tracking information online, so once it is delivered they can release the funds. IF you have received the funds for a service / virtual or digital sale or no tracking number is applicable Paypal would be unable to release the funds any sooner than 21 days.

However If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer or sender may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer or sender confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, funds may be released sooner ie 7 days after the buyer or sender verifies receipt. This is not always available or guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Astridbjtt
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. So, where is this button? I did not find any receipt option
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Astridbjtt 

Did you actually read the last paragraph in my above post?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Astridbjtt
Contributor
Contributor
i did, just thought it could be anywhere else
Login to Me Too

Astridbjtt
Contributor
Contributor
Also, wouldn't it be 7 days tho? Paypal said it would he 7days, not 21. Is there any misunderstood from my part?
Login to Me Too

Astridbjtt
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass I didn't understand the "how many days" part btw. Ive sent another reply asking if it wouldn't be 21 days even though paypal said "after 7 days of verification"
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.