problem with password recovery - paypal NOT helping

sebastianrodill
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

I forgot my password and can't get Paypal to reset it. I tried the "forgot my password" approach but it says that my email address  has not been registered. Then I click the "forgot my email address" and it shows me that the email address I was trying to get the password from,is actually registered. Weird.

Of course I can't call them because I don't have a phone and I don't live in the US (how come I can't contact you via freaking email?). After several attempts of talking with somebody via twitter and sending emails with my brother's account, I got a friend of mine who lives in the US to call. He talked with someone from customer support for about an hour, giving all the details of my account (including my credit card number, wich I know for certain has not been linked to my Paypal account), but they couldn't get to reset my password. Then, the operator started behaving like an a**hole and told my friend "well, you should have written your password down"...what kind of customer support is this??

Basically I'm now locked out of my account because of a bug in your website and, more importantly, because of your useless customer support. Really, paypal?? You're STEALING the money from my account, and I know I'm not the only one from what I read in this forum. Locking people out of their accounts and unable them to access their money. Very nice of you, guys.

ps: I made this account just to post this.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

try again,with your email address?

But to be fair,if you cant remember your password,how do you expect others to remember?

There is an Ebay seller who has a Paypal account,she past away and her husband and 2 children could use the money but they dont have her password and they need a lawyer to get the account turned over .

Login to Me Too

sebastianrodill
Contributor
Contributor

I just want to reset my password or use the "forgot my password" feature properly, but the site won't let me.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I've had this issue with my yahoo email for one of my accounts.  Misplaced the pw.  But I was still getting the email from the account but can't reset me pw.

It is quite frightening how wonky PayPal's system can be with their half old, half new site. I was just trying to switch my primary email addy this morning but the primary designator won't move and when I went to select the email addy as primary, it was saying the email address was already added?! lol I said let me log out and log back in, and sure enough the switch updated. lol

:::twilight zone music:::

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.