why can't i log in without a cel phone any more now

tickedoff333
New Community Member

why can't i login without a cel phone any more i never used to  have to do that before and not everyone has one .

mines to old and barely works i tried to call <removed> but all i get are foreign agents outside of the usa but this number said it was usa and quite frankly i don't trust anyone outside the usa . with personal info and i thought paypal was in the usa

i changed my password then it let me in but the second i click something it asked me for my password again and a cel phone number i don't have a data plan and do not have unlimited cel time i pay as you go  i can't afford to have random folks at all hours of the day form 3rd party's paypal is probably selling my info to waits my cel phone time

since when did they change this endless loop to asking for a cel phone number i don't  want to give nor should have  my balance was low and i can't even transfer money to it now because of this . nor buy any thing now

cna i get a simple or tright answer form some one please or or are they **bleep** with us ? now paypal

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tickedoff333 

Sadly as you don't trust anyone outside of the U.S then best I don't advise you? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.