getting error on login "Try entering the code again."

kcrbsd
New Community Member

I try to login my account but getting error message "Try entering the code again."  why this happening ?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

runbei
Contributor
Contributor

I resolved this problem. Found two solutions:

1. The error message appeared when I tried to log in to my PayPal account from the Firefox browser, but when I tried to log in using the Chrome browser there was no error message and login was successful.

2. I am using the Bitwarden password manager in Firefox. When I logged out of Bitwarden, I was able to log in to PayPal with no problem. To log out of Bitwarden, open the Bitwarden window and choose Settings from the bottom of the screen, then scroll down and choose Log Out.

Login to Me Too

jasong222
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to be.

Your workaround worked.  I logged out of bitwarden, refreshed the login page, and then manually typed in my email/phone number.  It worked.

It's possible that you only need one of those two things (either type it in manually or log out of BW), but I did both.

Not sure why that would be... but, I got in, thanks for the suggestion!

Login to Me Too

maxrempel2
New Community Member

Thanks! It helped me too. 
I also use Bitwarden.

I just used copy paste and edited the last letter in the email address. But at least it shows the direction of what needs to be fixed.

Login to Me Too

runbei
Contributor
Contributor

I found out that I only got this error while using the Bitwarden password manager plugin with Firefox. When I disable Bitwarden in Firefox I'm able to log in manually, also when I log in to PayPal on Chrome - no problems.

Login to Me Too

jasong222
Contributor
Contributor

You should be able to just enter your information manually. For me, in Chrome, I don't have to disable Bitwarden. I just type the email in, and it works. I can actually then use Bitwarden to enter the password and it works no problem. I don't ever disable Bitwarden.

Login to Me Too

runbei
Contributor
Contributor

Good to know! Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Freewheel
New Community Member

While logging out or manually typing may be a workaround - I've also used an Incognito window - IN NO WAY is this a solution.   I use a password manager to help increase the security of my accounts.  Keeping people from using one effectively does exactly the opposite.  This needs to be fixed.

Login to Me Too

scottlou
Contributor
Contributor

I get the same problem only using iolo's ByePass, the password manager within System Mechanic.  After I enter my email I hit NEXT and get the error with no opportunity to enter my password.  Works in Chrome even with ByePass activated but not Firefox, my prefered browser.  Never had the problem even in Firefox until January when I was forced to finally upgrade to Windows 10.   I totally agree that the need to log out defeats the purpose of using a password manager and is therefore much less secure.  PayPal needs to fix this, stat.

Ironically, I was able to log in from Firefox to post this comment but I still can't access my account without logging in again and get the same problem.

Login to Me Too

theackerman
New Community Member

I am getting this with lastpass as well

PAYPAL FIX YOUR **bleep**!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.