Verification text failure

Geoffjg
Contributor
Contributor

I have just attempted an online purchase in the Uk and got all the way to Paypal sending the veification text...it never arrived, asked for a re-send ...it never arrived. So I have given up, the company I was buying from has lost a sale and my Paypal account is stuck on the 'enter code' page. If you have the same problem then you are not alone !

Not Happy at all.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

RustyKnightUK
Contributor
Contributor

I tried buying something 3 hours ago and wasted 2 hours trying to find out why I wasn't getting verification codes, then noticed a lot of people reporting the same thing on various websites. I got 4 codes a few minutes ago. Tried logging into my account again but can't because they are only valid for 10 minutes and it's taking 3 hours for them to arrive.

As soon as I am able to actually log into my account I'll be closing it.

Login to Me Too

Geoffjg
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Rusty,

I am sorry to hear you have the same problem... but at the same time it is comforting for me !

I sympathise with your account closing action plan, it will very soon be quicker & easier to return to the days of writing an old fashioned cheque as payment.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Geoffjg 

Code seems very glitchy at the moment, you will probably get it in a few hours time.

My other half had  the same issue and then got 5 codes all at one 2 hours later...go figure.   😐

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RustyKnightUK
Contributor
Contributor

Not much point getting them 3 hours later when they expired 2 hours 50 minutes ago!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.