Two Step Verification Mobile Number Issue

willmarquiss
New Community Member

Paypal will not let me login / access my account without sending a text / calling the number which I have linked to my account, which unfortunately is my old number that I have no access to. 

Is there any way around this? There doesn't seem to be an option to add a new number. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Pettt69
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I felt the same, but this issue may be solved easyly. You can contact PayPay via an exist account. If you write them without account, you will not get answer. My girlfriend had this issue, and i wrote message from my account. Help desk answered within some hours. The best way to solve your problem is via "the logged out chat". Yeah it is difficult to find. I tell you how to reach them:

1. Go to https://www.paypal.com/sk/smarthelp/home
(it is for europeans, for americans only the american paypal can help)
2. At almost bottom click on Contact Us -Contact Customer Service
3. From 'common issues' (normally you are there now) select 'Password and account issues'
4. Click to 'login problems'
5. Scroll down and click on the 'message us' bubble.
and now the important part:
6. There is in the pop up window 'chat us while logged out'

Now you can chat with someone (due covid-19, try it before noon, they don't work fulltime now)
If you can tell them your account e-mail, full name, the old number added in account, and you can verify yourself they will ask the last 4 digit of your credit card in a "security box" (the numbers will not be visible), you win.

!!!One important thing: after you verify yourself, they can change your phone number in your account (with a code sent to your new number), but because of security reasons, you can log in first only using internet (IP) from the origin country where your account created and set. !.ONLY.! If you live abroad, and you can not travel home, and cannot ask your trustable parents/brother at home to log in instead of you (uhm, it is not official 😉 ), you CAN NOT SOLVE your issues.!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.