Paypal login captcha code error

FreeGoddess
Contributor
Contributor

I just starting getting an error logging into PayPal prompting me to enter a Captcha code when there's no Captcha image/field to enter this data. It's only been the last couple of weeks and nothing's changed on my end. 

I can only log into an incognito window - which doesn't even show a Captcha image/field and yet accepts my username and then password.  This is a pain because it's missing all my Chrome extensions including my password manager. I understand that this is likely a browser cache issue, but why suddenly? Why now and never before? I can't be emptying the cache every time I want to log into PayPal. That's just silly.

PayPal Captcha Code Error.JPG

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Intars

Hi FreeGoddess,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

We currently are not aware of any issues with Captcha. This may be a new issue that is just emerging or it may be an issue only affecting your device. I would first recommend that you restart your device, clear cache and cookies on your web browser, try to disable all browsers extensions and try again. Then I would recommend re-enabling your extensions one by one to see if any of them were causing this issue. I hope this helps. 

-Intars

Login to Me Too

busymom13
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know why this worked for my problem but it did.  Thanks!  I was having problems logging in using Safari. I'd already emptied the cache but was still getting an Access Denied message repeatedly.  I removed all the extensions by unchecking the box then added them back in one by one. I don't know if all or one of them was the issue but now I can log in. Yay!

Login to Me Too

FreeGoddess
Contributor
Contributor

I posted that problem last AUGUST. LOL!!!

The problem has since been resolved. It was quite the task to log in using a workaround that I figured out, but sheesh. Good thing it wasn't urgent.

Login to Me Too

zedspencer
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal Login.png

I have the same issue, page code inspection shows that there is captcha but it has no assigned buffer space on screen.

Login to Me Too

ilium007
New Community Member

Exactly the same here

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 11.28.26 am.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.