Number denied to add new card

Silv3rmist
New Community Member

I am trying to add a new card to my PayPal. It wants to verify by text or call, but won't accept my number. I have two phones an NEITHER of them are working. Yet if I put in mothers number [same area code etc] it accepts it....I can still use card like at store etc. I can still use phone an make calls an text. So why I'd PayPal rejecting my numbers an not allowing me to add new card?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Silv3rmist. The situation you have described is certainly a concern, but it's almost always due to PayPal not being able to verify your ownership of the phone numbers you're using. If that's the case, I recommend consulting with your phone service provider to see if they can help you with making sure your name and other information is associated with the phone numbers.

Due to security concerns, security steps must be completed before information can be added to an account, and that's especially true when it comes to financial information. I hope this helps to clarify things. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.