Need some help trying to identify myself to paypal

Eheieh1979
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am a crew member who works on cruises, I am from Peru and live in Peru. When I created this account I was on my vessel which receives internet from a satellite, which locate the ship on United States, so I have no other option than create my account basing my address in United States. I opened because I need to received some money, but now I wanna transfer that money to my credit card, I cannot because I cannot identify myself I don't have a SSN or address document. I tried to communicate with PayPal by phone, but apparently there is no one available, so I decided to write here, so maybe someone can help me. Is there any chance to prove I am myself in this USA account, is there any way to change the country or someone from PayPal can help me to do it? do I need to create a Peruvian account? if is this the case what happen with the money waiting for me?

Please I really really appreciate your help in this matter

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eheieh1979 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You would never be able to use a U.S paypal account if you don't live there or access those funds.

You best bet is to open one in your own country. The funds as they won't be accepted would return back to the senders after 30 days and then if you both want to still go ahead they can pay to your new account.   

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Eheieh1979
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the advice but the money stills in there and already happened more than 30 days without being claimed, it says: Money is waiting for you

Login to Me Too

Eheieh1979
Contributor
Contributor

paypal.PNG

@kernowlass  Thanks for the advice but the money stills in there and already happened more than 30 days without being claimed, it says: Money is waiting for you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eheieh1979 

You still can't claim money if you are not in the U.S and have a U.S address / phone / SSN etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Eheieh1979
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass  if i close my account the money will be back to the person who send me?, if is yes, how i can close the account if the system doesn't allow me to close it.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.