Need help removing old phone number and linking a new bank account

blegh
Contributor
Contributor

I'm posting here instead of using the customer service tool because when I tried using the customer service tool it tried to "confirm my identity" by texting my old phone number which I don't have access to anymore. So I'm not sure what to do.

Firstly, I want to remove my old phone number in my account settings. I did add my new number, confirmed it, and set it as my primary number. But whenever I try to remove the old number, I get a message that tells me "Sorry, there's a problem. If you keep seeing this, please contact customer service."

Secondly, I want to link a new bank because my old bank no longer exists and was bought out by my new one. So I have to use a new routing number. I can't use the authy app to confirm the bank info because I don't have a smart phone to use, so I am trying to use the other way of confirming my bank by giving my routing and account number then it sends a small payment and I confirm the amount through paypal. But after I give paypal the routing and account number, it asks for my phone number, only giving me the option to use my old one. If I try to use the new one, paypal gives me an error saying "It looks like the phone number isn't registered in your name. Please try a different number."

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ramberroya
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @blegh, Here's how to view and update personal information, such as mailing address, email address, phone number, or language: Click the Settings cog next to log out. For your address, email address and phone number start by clicking the + sign to add or edit your information. You can select your language from the language dropdown on the left side of the page. Here's how to view and update your financial information, such as bank accounts, debit and credit cards, or currencies: Click Wallet at the top of the page. Click Remove bank, or Update card/Remove card in the middle of the page, and follow the steps provided. Here's how to update your password, security questions, mobile PIN or security key: Click the Settings cog next to log out. Click the Security tab. Click Update under a specific section and follow the steps provided. Thanks. ***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thanks and have a great day! ☺
Login to Me Too

bonuscup
New Community Member

I love that the Paypal employee Ramerroya posted a nice long message none of which addressed the original posters issue.

Login to Me Too

Atlasroar
New Community Member

What'd you expect? They have a script to follow. And Boy do they stick to it. Oldest post like this is from 2014 (that i can find). Are you having the same issue and wanting a solid reply? 3 hours looking into this: Here's my honest reply as quoted by 15 different articles.

"It'll work eventually, When? Who know's. But eventually it will work."

-Another did say that you could try through the mobile app (It worked for him and one other)

-Another User Also stated trying to clear Cookies, closing the browser, and then restarting the browser.

I'll add my own spin to this one

-Try logging out, closing the page, then the browser, and then open everything back up (This worked for me, And i didn't need to clear cookies, though no harm no foul doing so.). 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.