Impossible to close my account. Is anyone willing to start a class action against PayPal?

Fede93
Contributor
Contributor
Closing my account is impossible ⚠️ I tried several times in the last six months and there is always the same error message on the display: “pending transaction” 😱 But all my transactions are completed, and the bank transfers too, as I can see on my bank statements 🤯 It is OUR RIGHT to close our account according to the European GDPR, which obviously apply to PayPal because they are based in Luxembourg. I tried to reach the customer service 4-5 times during the last 2 months and they repeatedly wrote to me that there are some pending transactions. This gets me really suspicious, because if there are some pending transactions I didn’t authorize them ‼️ So if the customer service can’t help, if PayPal is not willing to comply to the European GDPR, we must find an alternative solution 😊 Let’s get all together and sue PayPal with a class action. Anyone willing to join? I think the European Court of Justice will have all the elements to condemn PayPal ☺️
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Fede93
Contributor
Contributor
That’s for the US. But I am based in Europe, I am using the European version (based in Luxembourg), I registered with a bank account of a bank of an EU member state... As any company operating in the European Union, PayPal is subject to the laws of the laws of its member states, so a class action is totally possible for the European customers
Login to Me Too

HelicopterIngo
Contributor
Contributor
Have you been able to close your PayPal account? I have no disputes, but when I asked to close mine they put a "limitation" on it's o I couldn't. PayPal seems corrupt. Have you had any success closing yours?
Login to Me Too

HelicopterIngo
Contributor
Contributor
Have you been able to close your PayPal account? Iam ready to legally attempt it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.