How long does it take to change account name?

Rezaro12
Contributor
Contributor

I already submitted my id and other document, the name change is pretty much just adding first word of my name. My name consist of 3 word but when i registered i only put my middle and last name, now i want to link bank account and looks like i need to change my account name, how long is it to paypal change my name? and is there any progress i can see about it?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrspikl 

Simple request but you may have to wait for your turn in the long queue at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

KGonzaga
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Rezaro12,

Thank you for reaching out to PayPal. 

Regarding your concern about updating your name on your PayPal account, please refer to this Help Center article for more details:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-change-the-name-on-my-paypal-account-faq926?app...

Hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

Rezaro12
Contributor
Contributor

Is there anyway i can see the review document progress/ticket so i know whats the progress so far? 

Login to Me Too

JD5261
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Rezaro12 

There is no way to view the progress of your request. Once we've received your documents, we'll review your request and usually respond back to you within 3 to 5 business days.

I hope this information helps! 

Login to Me Too

Rezaro12
Contributor
Contributor

ok its already about 10 days since i submitted the documents, and my name not yet changed. any ideas?

Login to Me Too

Tangobaldy
Contributor
Contributor

I did mine 7 days ago and never even got a confirmation email or any reply.  Did you get yours changed eventually or are you still waiting.  PS I did same on ebay and it was all sorted in 20 minutes and i did not need to send any id, passport or documents.  And why should I need to? I am merely saying I want my first name changed and you don't even need any legal document to do that.  PAypal 7 days later nothing after spending ages sending docs which honestly I dont wish to share with a faceless person.  Who knows where its going to end up now....

Login to Me Too

Littleangel97
Contributor
Contributor
Any updates on this? Were you able to update your name? Thanks
Login to Me Too

Tangobaldy
Contributor
Contributor

yes it was changed.  No communication or notifications.  Also what is their policy on holding my driving licence id and other stuff i sent them?  Rather worrying

Login to Me Too

Tangobaldy
Contributor
Contributor

I have checked today and my name has been changed.  I can state that no communication was received from PayPal regarding this matter.  I guess to reduce the workload.  However a confirmation email would have been great to say its being processed and I would have been happy.  When you click the send information there is no way to know if it got there.

Login to Me Too

mrspikl
Contributor
Contributor

I asked for my name to be changed about a month ago, and it hasn't been changed. No contact has been made either. This is completely ridiculous. It's a name change. I sent the legal documents and have received not even a notification of any kind. I don't understand why it would take so long for a simple request. Just remove my last name and insert the new name given to you. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.