Help Needed

IanW-1964
New Community Member

I am desperately trying to help my friend who is in a bit of a pickle with his PayPal account. It's fair to say that he's not the most technically minded person so he normally asks me to help him and he has done so again today.

He had a new bank card arrive so of course, he destroyed the old one. Ok so far. Well, he has bid on an item on eBay and it looks like he might win it.  Now enters the problem because he realised that the card details will need changing on PayPal. So he comes around to see me and he logs on from here. Then up pops the message saying they need to Text or Call him with a security code. Normally that wouldn't be a problem except he changed his mobile number last year and no longer has access to the old one, although he still has the number - or at least he does now that I've told him it.

He rang the customer service line and was told he would have to do it online BUT he has no way to get over the security code issue so can anyone PLEASE advise me what to tell him as he is getting really fed up with this now and he doesn't handle pressure very well. All help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.