Having trouble logging in because of the PSD2 Authentication regulation.

sergiu-luckyan
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I cannot access my PayPal account for two days now, because of the new PSD2 Regulations update and because my phone number isn’t up-to-date and I can’t log in to change it.

I successfully changed my PayPal password yesterday on an attempt to access my Profile page, but cannot reach the profile page.

All the links on the Help & Contact page point to Log In page from which I can’t go any further although I know my current password.

How can I resolve this problem ?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ciffik
Contributor
Contributor

Have the same problem. I know my email adress, know my password, but have out of date phone number. Cant log/reach technical support. Dont know what to do...

Login to Me Too

sergiu-luckyan
Contributor
Contributor

I've managed to get access to my PayPal account on my own.

The Customer Service page on PayPal didn't help at all, neither the PayPal support group on Facebook.

I always use PayPal from my personal computer at home to send money or withdraw funds.

I use very rarely the PC from my work office and extremely rare the smart phone, just to check the available balance.

How I managed to get back the access was using the smart phone.

I successfully logged on my PayPal account from my smart phone (this step was successfully on my PC too), and from the mobile phone PayPal interface (which is different from the computer interface) I managed to access "My Profile" page and quickly updated my phone number and saved the changes.

After that, I was able to access my PayPal account from any PC (at home or at work).

The SMS was generated and sent to my current phone number.

I hope this helps and you'll get back access to your account too.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.