Getting emails from a different PayPal account

Sparsse
Contributor
Contributor

I've been receiving a history of PayPal transactions through my email that were not conducted by me. The problem is that Gmail does not recognize periods in email addresses, so adding a period anywhere within an email address does not differentiate it from the same email without periods. With PayPal however, they do differentiate email addresses with periods. Somebody decided to create a PayPal account using my email address without the periods, which lets them conduct payments on PayPal, but forwards the emails to my Gmail account. I am unsure if this person realizes that they do not own the email that they signed up with on PayPal because I've been receiving these emails for years. I am relatively certain that this person has not verified their email address with PayPal because I would have to verify it myself, since the email would be sent to my Gmail account. What can be done about this account? I would like to stop receiving this person's emails.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.