Can't connect my bank account due to an issue with verifying my phone number

slscott15
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I have been trying for about an hour now to link my bank account with no luck. I tried to do it instantly and manually, but each time I enter my phone number it says that is is not a supported type. I get through logging into my bank and selecting the account I want to use. My bank account is linked to the same phone number, so I'm not sure what the issue is. This is rather urgent as I cannot accept payments that I have received from clients until I link my bank account. 

I have had no trouble linking PayPal to my previous PNC account, but that account was closed so I need to connect my new one. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

slscott15
Contributor
Contributor
After waiting a day, I called the automated line and was able to add my bank account manually. A day later they sent my bank the two small deposits and I was able to confirm the account. I tried this the previous day, and it told me it could not add the bank at this time. I wonder if there is a security measure in place that prevents the adding of a bank account when personal information has been recently changed. I would try again in a day or two if you are having the same issues, and double check that addresses and names match exactly on the bank account and PayPal account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

slscott15
Contributor
Contributor
I have changed both the address on my PayPal and PNC accounts as I just moved. I tried calling and adding the account through the automated system, but it still says it cannot add the bank at this time. PNC emails me each time that I try to notify me that a financial institution has tried to connect with my account, so I know they are at least reaching my bank.
Login to Me Too

slscott15
Contributor
Contributor
Also, my phone service provider is Google Fi, and I am in the United States.
Login to Me Too
Solved

slscott15
Contributor
Contributor
After waiting a day, I called the automated line and was able to add my bank account manually. A day later they sent my bank the two small deposits and I was able to confirm the account. I tried this the previous day, and it told me it could not add the bank at this time. I wonder if there is a security measure in place that prevents the adding of a bank account when personal information has been recently changed. I would try again in a day or two if you are having the same issues, and double check that addresses and names match exactly on the bank account and PayPal account.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.