Authentication required - I want rid of this NOW!!!

DontBeNosy
Contributor
Contributor

Absolutely god damn sick of this new "authentification needed" rubbish. I have just had to wait 15 minutes for your useless site to send me my code.

There are also times when I dont have access to my phone, not everyone treats a phone like their 6th organ you know and also, what about people who dont own a mobile phone? How are they supposed to access their Paypal account?

I want rid, surely this should be a personal choice? But much like with banks its more a control thing. Grab our phone numbers so you can spam us all kinds of rubbish

I ask again, what if you do not own a phone?

Oh and NO I am not a robot either....you can scrap that Captcha rubbish too.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

pottertea
New Community Member

Same here, I have currently been waiting 10 minutes+ for my sms and even tried the "we call you option" to no avail

What on earth is going on Paypal? Some answers wouldnt go amiss.

Login to Me Too

DontBeNosy
Contributor
Contributor

Great, just waited 15 minutes for my text off you. One problem, code runs out after 10 minutes

I demand this rubbish is taken off my account for gods sake.

Login to Me Too

DontBeNosy
Contributor
Contributor

This gets even better

I attempt to phone YOU up. Using phone number provided. Phone rings, get an answer, immediately phone gets put down?

WTF is going on this is insane?

Login to Me Too

RustyKnightUK
Contributor
Contributor

I've spent/wasted the last  2 hours trying to find out why I can't get the text codes on my phone, then found out that everyone else has the same problem. So now not only can't I buy anything with Paypal, I can't even log into my account.

Useless.

Login to Me Too

DontBeNosy
Contributor
Contributor

Its an absolute shambles.

Login to Me Too

RustyKnightUK
Contributor
Contributor

I guess they've fixed it, I just got a load of messages!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DontBeNosy 

Mandatory now, seems to have been a glitch yesterday as lots getting multiple texts at once several hours later !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.