PayPal capital denial for 4th loan. Wants DD info for Etsy or eBay-I don’t use either

Jborron
Contributor
Contributor
I’m trying to apply for my fourth PayPal capital loan, and I’m getting a denial because it wants me to link my Etsy and or my eBay with direct deposit. I have never been asked this question before when applying for a previous loans and I don’t even sell through eBay or Etsy. Has anyone had this issue? I’ve successfully paid off three loans in record time.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Photogirl888
New Community Member

I had this issue after paying off 4 loans. I once had an Etsy account but closed it. I do business elsewhere.  I did call Paypal and found out that I am not the only one who has complained about this. It is an algorithm issue according to the very nice Paypal lady. She claimed that it was being addressed but could not give me a time line on it (hours, days, weeks?) when it would be repaired.

I have actually considered reopening an Etsy account just to dodge that issue. Once a sale goes through there with Paypal it should erase the issue in getting a Capital loan from Paypal (I assume). So it's wait it out to be repaired or try and beat the system!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.