Issue with PayPal Here app on iPad while using QR codes

LadySun1969
Contributor
Contributor
I have found some strange behavior when using QR codes with PayPal Here & the Chip/Tap card reader on an iPad mini 2. The same behavior happens on a 5th generation iPad. Has anybody else seen this?

Details below.

I have a business account.

iPad (5th generation) (Model MP1M2LL/A): iOS 14.6

iPad mini 2 (Model ME856LL/A): iOS 12.5.4

PayPal Here: 4.3.4 (434007)

Card Reader: software "up to date"; config version 65539; firmware version 4FD1A5DD

With Chip/Tap card reader NOT connected:
1. Start a sale.
2. Charge.
3. Choose Venmo or PayPal QR Code.
4. Click back arrow to back out of the QR code.
5. Go to Sales Activity list. (The Current Sale in process appears as a Draft sale.)
6. Choose the Draft sale and choose Take Payment.
7. Charge.
8. Neither Venmo nor PayPal QR codes appear in option list.
9. The Draft Sale still appears in the Sales Activity List until you Delete it.

Note:
— After step 4, the Current Sale still stays on the main screen & functions as normal; you can choose QR codes as payment options. But, if from here you follow Steps 5-6, the Draft Sale replaces the Current Sale and QR code payment options are no longer available. 
— If after step 4 you instead go back into Sales Activity list and delete the Draft Sale invoice, then go to the Current Sale and click Charge, nothing happens. It fails silently & will not go to the Charge screen no matter how many times you click Charge. The only option is to Clear Sale.

With Chip/Tap card reader connected:
After step 4, there is a pause, then the card reader beeps twice & the app crashes. When you restart the app there is no Current Sale, but the sale that was in process when the app crashed, now appears as a Draft, and Steps 6-9 are as above (no QR options available, plus variations as listed in the Note).

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.