Enhancement requests for PayPal Here

SeneTech
New Community Member

There a couple of serious shortcomings of the PayPal Here app.

1. There is no capability for rate-based (services) transactions, which are typically time and materials transactions. In my case, they are IT/Computer support services, but it would apply equally to anyone providing hourly services (home health care, pet sitting, lawn care, etc.). Currently, you can only enter a fixed cost for an item. There are many apps out there that support sales of items or merchandise, but very few support rate-based sales. When implemented, it must support fractional Quantity values (1.67, 1.25, 2.5, etc.) and not just whole number quantities. While this can be done via PayPal Invoicing, it's a hassle (especially on a phone or tablet) to go through all the steps of generating an invoice for a one-time transaction.
  2. The description field is currently limited to 60 characters. While this might be ok for the sale of some merchandise, I can think of many items that would benefit from a longer description field. For service (rate-based) transactions, the minimum description field length should be at least 1000 characters.
  3. You can only enter items via the app on your phone/tablet. For people, like artists and craftspeople, who make one-of-a-kind items, they might have hundreds of items in inventory. To try to enter all of the items on a phone or tablet device is extremely tedious at best and most likely wouldn't be done. There should be an option to configure items via a computer while logged in to your PayPal Business account in a browser. This configuration should support the import of items via batch upload (CSV file) or import/synchronize from another e-commerce website (such as Etsy) or your own business online store (such as one hosted by GoDaddy or other similar sites).

I'd be happy to discuss these enhancements with any of the developer/engineering teams.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.