scams

crue2foo

I just found out that a company I ordered something from has scammed other Paypal customers. Why does Paypal allow them to continue scamming people?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@crue2foo 

Its up to buyers to do their due diligence and research before buying. The info is at our finger tips. It takes a few moments to web search a merchant/site. If you see bad, little to no info, best to keep it movin'.

The internet is not like it was. Too many accounts, can't watch over every account like that. But how would PayPal do it if they can? There's already enough checks on receiving payments. Have you tried selling with PayPal?  Then there's the technical difficulties the people run into.

It's like guns, people buy them but the gun dealer cannot be responsible with what other do with them. However, people need to report the account to PayPal (not just via disputes) but actually reporting an account. But how can you stop these scammers from opening new accounts, when even they are one step ahead? It's the spam of shopping online. Hard to get rid of and they are all over the world.

PayPal has return shipping refund program so sign up before buying:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@crue2foo 

Its up to buyers to do their due diligence and research before buying. The info is at our finger tips. It takes a few moments to web search a merchant/site. If you see bad, little to no info, best to keep it movin'.

The internet is not like it was. Too many accounts, can't watch over every account like that. But how would PayPal do it if they can? There's already enough checks on receiving payments. Have you tried selling with PayPal?  Then there's the technical difficulties the people run into.

It's like guns, people buy them but the gun dealer cannot be responsible with what other do with them. However, people need to report the account to PayPal (not just via disputes) but actually reporting an account. But how can you stop these scammers from opening new accounts, when even they are one step ahead? It's the spam of shopping online. Hard to get rid of and they are all over the world.

PayPal has return shipping refund program so sign up before buying:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

crue2foo

Yes, I sell quite a bit with PayPal. But I take pride in my products and respect and value my customers, so there's that. I have the shipping protection from Paypal. But the seller blatantly lied and said the item had shipped when it clearly has not. I just hope whoever looks at my case is having a good day and can see the difference between a sincere buyer and a scamming seller.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.