ripped off

bdboys66
Contributor
Contributor

I was ripped off by a company and I received something not even close to what I ordered. I went through paypal resolution center. They gave ended up giving me a return address in Chinese. They also gave me a deadline of last night to upload the tracking number. I had surgery and then complications and so I did not make it to the post office until yesterday. They told me they needed an address in English for customs or they could not send it. I came home and called to get an English version of the address. She emailed me one. The post office closed at noon yesterday so by the time I got a call back it was too late. I told her I needed an extension until Monday so I could ship it. I got an email today saying my case was closed because I did not give them the tracking number by the deadline. Maybe if they had sent me an American version of the address in the first place I would have done it by the deadline. This is ridiculous and I do not agree with it. Is there any recourse to this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bdboys66 

Ship the return, then call customer service to appeal and give tracking number.

This must be the new tactic from chinese sellers to avoid returns. For future reference, Google translate address to English, and then google map both English and foreign versions to see if they match.

If PayPal does not budge and you paid with credit card, dispute transaction with them instead as Not as described and let them know you've shipped it back and provide tracking number.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bdboys66 

Ship the return, then call customer service to appeal and give tracking number.

This must be the new tactic from chinese sellers to avoid returns. For future reference, Google translate address to English, and then google map both English and foreign versions to see if they match.

If PayPal does not budge and you paid with credit card, dispute transaction with them instead as Not as described and let them know you've shipped it back and provide tracking number.

Login to Me Too

bdboys66
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks. I will do that. Paypal emailed me the address within minutes with the address so I dont know why they didnt give it to me in the first place. Thanks for the advice I hope it works. lol
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bdboys66 

You're welcome. Hope it works too.

Yeah, weird. I sometimes wonder what is the angle in all this. Why couldn't the chinese sites do right and deliver what was advertised? Are they that incompetent? Wouldn't it be better to just do it right and not have to deal with returns/refunds. Who gains? The west allowed China to ship cheaply over here, what is the gain for the west? Market share of China's huge population? Or, create returns on purpose with no tracking and/or expensive so the postal service can make back the money on the loss from cheap postage to China. Hmmm. Race to the bottom. We are getting fleeced in the end.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.