eBayer returned "Faulty" brand new CPU $331.95 to a Mcdonalds in my zip code instead of my address

cantthinkofanme
New Community Member

Buyer purchased, "Intel Core i7-9700F BX80684I79700F Eight-Core Coffee Lake Processor 3.0GHz" from my listing on December 29, 2019 on ebay for $331.95

I gave his order / package of in a 6"x4"x4" shipping box weighing 12 ounces to USPS the next day, December 30th, 2019

The package I sent him was delivered January 4, 2020 at 11:46 AM to Portland, Oregon 97213. Which later finding out is a Port Forwarding company that handles many shipments to China (buyer's name is Chinese, not racist, just clarifying that it seems important. I am Korean)

Keep in mind I shipped the package from my home city in New York, New York, 10025.

He, the buyer then open a case on ebay claiming the brand new Intel CPU doesn't work, which is very hard to believe within itself since Intel has very tight quality control for all their new products. I have sold a total of 2 of these items, the other buyer I sold this item to has no issues at all.

Buyer then January 5th, the next day of receiving the item to the Freight Forwarder address in Portland, Oregon then claims the Brand New Intel CPU is not working.

That is fine since my listing supports FREE 30 day returns at my expense since I am confident of the product and satisfaction of the product.

Because of the FREE 30 day return policy I automatically provide on my ebay listing, once the buyer open a return request he was AUTOMATICALLY provided a FREE USPS return shipping label.

However the buyer used his OWN shipping label at his own expense, but only costing him about $3, this is because the package he allegedly shipped back to me was only 5-6 ounces instead of the 12 ounces I shipped to him.

According to the tracking information the package he returned was delivered January 7th, and was sent out January 5th. The package was shipped from Islandia, New York, 11749 Which is ANOTHER Shipping Forwarding company!

What I have trouble understanding is how the Package I sent to him on December 30th from New York City to Portland Oregon (2,897.8 miles distance) and arrived on January 4th, then got back to New York state on January 5th, in 1 day?

What is further questionable is that the buyer did not even ship the item back in the same weight, he sent 5-6 ounce package when the package I sent him was 12 ounces.

He also did not even ship / return the item back to my address, instead he had the package delivered to a Mcdonalds in my same zip code!

The buyer has been SUSPENDED on ebay automatically for attempting fraud, his suspended profile can be seen here with only 1 positive feedback that I automatically gave him for purchasing the item on the same day

Ebay closed the case in my favor because they had suspended his ebay account for attempting fraud.

Now 3 months later he is opening a case with paypal to get free $331.95 back.

What do I do? I have proof of everything I said including a recorded phone conversation I have with USPS as I was filing a claim with USPS customer service regarding everything I mentioned above.

I posted it on youtube to show paypal, but haven't responded to his claim yet on paypal.

I am trying to call paypal but the contact page doesn't allow for phone calls right now due to corona virus quarantine.

I am worried my case will be resolved in the buyer's favor due to automated robots just looking at key variables, what can I do?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.