Unauthorized Transaction - Seller Protection - Arbitrariness on the part of common sense

Alex_Gain
Contributor
Contributor

I apologize for my English, as this is not my native language and I use a translator, but I hope that you will understand me.

Over the past month, with a difference of 2-3 weeks, two identical stories of fraud occurred on the ETSY trading platform, where I sell vintage frames and sunglasses from Italy. Customers purchase goods, in the first case it is a glasses by Gaultier -  Case ID: PP-D-46188673, in the second it is the glasses by CARTIER - Case ID: PP-D-48112963. Both buyers open a dispute after they receive the goods, one parcel was delayed due to weather conditions and the buyer faithfully waited for him to receive it and after that opens a dispute - *Unauthorized Transaction*

I receive a letter from PAYPAL that the buyer opened the case and I gave an explanation! What is the explanation !?
For both cases, I provide all the information about these two sales, that is;
 - the screenshots from the page on Etsy, which indicates what is sold and the delivery address,
- a description that the goods were sent to the address that was indicated in the letter from the paypal with a message about the payment received (i only ship to the given address in Paypal payment with address confirmed)
- the label with UPS with delivery address,
- the screenshots that the package has been delivered,
- Transaction details - PayPal where it is indicated that the delivery address is CONFIRMED by Paypal!
- the screenshots from the UPS page stating that export charges were charged on these goods and the goods are taxed and this amount should be paid by the recipient to the UPS courier upon receipt,

Paypal received all this data, took another extra amount from me, and became silent, indicating that nothing was required of me.

Currently, one Case ID: PP-D-48112963 case is closed with a refund to the buyer, and the second Case ID: PP-D-46188673 is under consideration.

Where is the logic of those * competent authorities * that are considering this case? The products was sent to addresses that were confirmed by PayPal itself, not to third-party addresses, but to confirmed by PayPal!
Both purchases were subject to import tax and fees were charged on them, which the recipients, they are the buyers, paid upon receipt and provision of an identity card, information is entered by the tax authorities (customs) into the database with invoicing for payment!
.....Goods arriving into the US
When goods are shipped into the US, the BUYER (“Importer”) is responsible for any fees/taxes/duty that may accrue on the merchandise when it clears Customs and Border Protection (“CBP”).
If any duty is owed, CBP will charge a processing fee for clearing the package. Duty and the processing fee are due at the local post office of the Buyer, where the package has been forwarded....

There is obvious fraud, and as it turns out under the patronage of PayPal, they acted as guarantors that the addresses are confirmed, and from what is indicated on the site itself, opposite to the addresses to which the parcels were sent, that (This description is taken from the paypal page.)
Confirmed Address
A Confirmed Address has been established by PayPal as belonging to the PayPal account holder.

By shipping to a Confirmed Address, you are helping to ensure that the item is being shipped to the PayPal account holder. * -.!!!!

Where can I turn to with this kind of arbitrariness on the part of common sense and jurisprudence, when the address already confirmed by themselves is not true and the taxes paid with inclusion in the customs register are not legal proof that the buyer and the recipient are the same person!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alex_Gain 

Please contact customer service to appeal and have them review the case(s) again:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook IT: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalItalia/

Facebook US: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter US: @AskPayPal

Seller Protection Policy

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Alex_Gain
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your advice. I will write on Facebook USA, as there is no sense in support from Italian Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Alex_Gain
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone, tell me where else to write, because of my 4 letters, i recived the answer only for one letter.
Or what * magic words *, maybe, I should use to attract competent people who are responsible for this. Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

Alex_Gain
Contributor
Contributor

Avoidance of liability continues by sending auto-emails. *

The card issuing company has decided to proceed in favor of the purchaser, as the chargeback meets the requirements set by the issuing company itself.
Although we cannot dispute the chargeback further, we encourage you to contact the buyer to agree on a solution.
Thanks for your cooperation and for choosing PayPal.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Thanks for your cooperation and for choosing PayPal.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal 

WTF!*

.... the one that states that I can send the goods to the address of the buyer, which they themselves have confirmed, and then brush off letters from me, they say, solve your problem yourself!

Maybe I'm not sending it there? Or is there no point in writing and striving to translate into logic and common sense?
Dear moderators, tell me where you need to send an email with explanations!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alex_Gain 

They haven't brushed off letters from you.

It appears the bank decided against you/PayPal so PayPal has to refund the bank for refunding their customer and then PayPal holds you liable because we are sub accounts of paypal's.

Have you tried "calling" customer service and speaking with an agent and asking specifically why they didn't cover you when you are eligible?

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Keep in mind that in the seller protection documentation, it says "we may reimburse you an amount for reversals made against you based on the following reasons:". "May" meaning "might" reimburse you, there's no guarantee that they will. 

https://www.paypal.com/it/webapps/mpp/ua/seller-protection?locale.x=en_IT

There is risk of these kinds of transactions when selling online. Have to self-insure against these things. Take a percentage from each sale and set aside to cover disputes/chargebacks. PayPal also has to deal with risk too and do what they can but they also can't cover everyone and everything. Could they have met their seller protection claim quota for the month?

Focus on the next sale. Make more successful sales than unsuccessful ones. Make more than you lose. This happens with regular credit card processing merchant accounts too, not just processing payments with PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.