Scam report

TOPCHOI
Contributor
Contributor

Be aware!

I post a camera to sell on Gumtree. after 30mins, received this email. 

We emailed for a while then I asked the business card of NZOG, She can't have it so sent her driver license that has been matched with her email on the email. Then I googled NZOG I've found some scam story from Paypal. 

The same company name, similar story. 

Name: Kathleen <removed>

<removed>

Thanks for the reply am buying it for my only daugther for a gift due to the sucess in her exam so whats your final price and i will like you to send me some picture of it, i work with New Zealand Oil and Gas (NZOG) and we are presently offshore in New Zealand Taranaki Basin on kapo project so I won't be able to come for the inspection due to the nature of my work, also i will be paying via paypal or you can alternatively send your bsb and acct number if you have no paypal acct and i will arrange for the shipping.

Awaiting for your reply

100% Scam!!!! Do not send any items

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

KangaRay
New Community Member

This person claiming to be Theresa <removed> with a hotmail dot com address starting with <removed> emailed me with the same tale about NZOG.

Definitely a scam. I can only suggest reporting them, blocking their email and wishing them a nice day.  :slightly_smiling_face:

By the way, this one bobbed up on Gumtree within an hour or two of posting my ad. I guess it's a full time job for these people trying to rip everyone off.

Ok, hope that helps. 

Login to Me Too

girly72
Contributor
Contributor

mdgray
New Community Member

Name changed again to Catina Rhinehart. Same scam!

Login to Me Too

carl-sold
New Community Member

I had the same as follows. Even the details are the same, only the name is different. 

hanks a lot for the email. I am away at sea at the moment,i work with New Zealand Oil and Gas (NZOG) and we are presently offshore in New Zealand Taranaki Basin on kapo project. We do not have access to phone at the moment,its 5days off and 25days on,which is why I contacted you with internet messaging facility. Where is it located at the moment?

I am buying it for my for my holiday and i want it delivered before my arrival.I won't be able to come for the inspection due to the nature of my work and i would have called but our calling is restricted.Regarding the payment,pls get back to me with your final asking price and your paypal details so i can process the payment,you can alternatively send your bsb and acct number if you have no paypal acct.I have also contacted my courier who will come for pick up after the whole fund has been cleared into your acct.

Await your reply.

Login to Me Too

RobFord
New Community Member

Beware Scam Posted on Gumtree, was asked for email and received this: Received from Torres Caesar <removed> Thanks a lot for the email. I am away at sea at the moment,i work with New Zealand Oil and Gas (NZOG) and we are presently offshore in New Zealand Taranaki Basin on kupe project. We do not have access to phone at the moment,its 5days off and 25days on,which is why I contacted you with internet messaging facility. Where is it located at the moment? I am buying it for my for my holiday and i want it delivered before my arrival.I won't be able to come for the inspection due to the nature of my work and i would have called but our calling is restricted.Regarding the payment,pls get back to me with your final asking price and your paypal details so i can process the payment,you can alternatively send your bsb and acct number if you have no paypal acct.I have also contacted my courier who will come for pick up after the whole fund has been cleared into your acct. Await your reply.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.