Returned Merchandise Not Returned but PayPal Refunded Buyer's Purchase Payment from My Account

FredW1
New Community Member

I shipped an item to a buyer on 4/17/18 which he purchased from me using PayPal.  The payment remained in my PayPal account until 8/14/18 because the buyer opened a case for the transaction, claiming (I assume) that I should have refunded his purchase after he returned the purchased item to me, claiming that it was defective.  But he did not return the item, instead he shipped me a piece of scrap iron of similar weight and size as the item.  He filed a claim through his financial institution (Probably his credit card bank).  I explained in writing to PayPal that I have proof that the buyer was attempting to defraud me, PayPal and his credit card bank by claiming he returned the item, but instead returned a piece of worthless junk.  PayPal said they would get back to me if the evidence was needed.  Instead they gave the money in my PayPal account to the credit card bank and closed the case.  The refuse to return the money to me, saying the buyer's financial institution is "more powerful" than they are, so there is nothing they can do about it.  The buyer has defrauded us, cheating me out of paying for merchandise he has obtained from me, plus shipping costs both ways, plus PayPal transaction and chargeback fees.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.