Refund/buyer dispute

AndyB6
Contributor
Contributor
I recently sold a pair of trainers on Depop but the buyer wanted pictures sent through WhatsApp and continued the conversation on WhatsApp they agreed to pay but wanted it shipped to their “new” address which seemed fine by me so I sent the parcel tracked delivery then once it was delivered they opened a case with PayPal saying they never recieved the item and the name on Depop that I had been talking to had changed,PayPal refunded the buyer even though I provided proof of postage and that it was signed for(maybe because it was to a different address)
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AndyB6 

Yes, because you did not send it to the shipping address on the payment, you lost the dispute as seller protection requires shipping to address on payment. PayPal tells you to ship to address on payment in the transaction details. 

In the transaction details, you will see:

What should I do now?

Ship to the address on this page.

Save your tracking or shipping info.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

AndyB6
Contributor
Contributor
But would this but not classed as a scam as they transferred the money but asked it to be sent to a different address? The parcel was tracked and was signed for so I don’t understand how they can still offer him/her a refund?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.