Paypal for Hotels / Hostels and other Accommodation Business?

lamparasiargao
Contributor
Contributor

HI! I'd like to ask if there are any hotels/hostels or similar type of businesses here that uses Paypal? I have several experience with Paypal always favoring the buyer when they file a claim for chargebacks. This is in the event that a guest never shows up or cancelled their booking at the last minute-- considering that they booked a "NON-REFUNDABLE" booking as per the properties cancellation policy. It seems like Paypal is never recognizing this type of transaction since if the guest cancel on a last-minute, obviously they are gonna claim to Paypal that they never received the service. But why Paypal does not understand what is a "NON-REFUNDABLE" booking is?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lamparasiargao 

Its not so much PayPal, than what the credit cards does and what type of explanation each party gives and type of claim filed. Sometimes, its best that PayPal decide for the buyer because buyer may file a credit card chargeback if they lose PayPal dispute and you incur a chargeback fee on top of the amount in dispute so less loss for you. Not all customers will be ok with losing their money if they want to cancel. For services, its tricky, there is no proof of delivery so you have to refund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.