Payment Pro Chargeback - NO SELLER PROTECTION EVEN IF PRECAUTIONS ARE TAKEN

OPS2001
Contributor
Contributor

As a PayPal merchant for many years I decided to try accepting credit cards with Payments Pro. My old credit card processor was fine, but PayPal Payments Pro was less expensive.

I tried it for one week and received a few credit card sales. One came back as a chargeback a few weeks later.

The customers name and address was a match and the card payment was authorized. The phone number even matched the customer. 

I shipped it to the credit card address with delivery confirmation. After delivery, the Buyer issued a chargeback 3 weeks later stating it was an unauthorized transaction. I tried to contact the customer by phone and email but she never replied.

In my response to PayPal I stated I shipped to the correct address with delivery confirmation, but would gladly issue a refund if the customer ships back the product. No response from PayPal until 10 days later stating that they sided with the Buyer and the case is now closed.

As a small business owner losing $1000 is not easy to deal with. I no longer use PayPal's Payment Pro CC processing.

I'm sharing to make sure it doesn't happen to you. If there's any recourse I'd love to hear about it.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.