PayPal won’t reply, I am getting scammed out of money.

Danj1
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I have emailed PayPal about an issue I’m am having with 4/5 money disputes people have put towards me from items I have sold them on eBay. These items I have sold them are digital codes and they claimed to have had their accounts hacked and that they did not place those orders. As you know, digital codes cannot be returned as once you use the code they’re useless. I believe these people were trying to scam me. I have tried contacting PayPal on mobile and a landline however due to COVID-19, they do not take phone calls. I have emailed them and they notified me that they will reply in 24 hours. It has been 3+ days. To argue in the dispute, I must show PayPal a tracking number of the items but as the items are digital, I have no tracking items. However, I have proof through messaging that the buyers wanted the items and that they received the items. These disputes have a deadline of the 28th to the 29th of October and if I cannot do anything about it, PayPal will refund these customers. They have already refunded one or two customers. I will lose money by the rubbish security systems of PayPal and eBay. Even if the accounts were hacked, which is highly unlikely and very coincidental, why should I lose and pay money due to this? I HAVE A DEADLINE OF THE 28th - 29th OF OCTOBER BEFORE THEY TAKE THE MONEY. What should I do, as PayPal will not reply. Thank you.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danj1 

There is very little seller protection for virtual / digital goods but the requirements for proof you sent the items are in paypals seller protection policy for your country.

Click on legal > user agreement after selecting your country from the drop down list > seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danj1 

There is very little seller protection for virtual / digital goods but the requirements for proof you sent the items are in paypals seller protection policy for your country.

Click on legal > user agreement after selecting your country from the drop down list > seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.