Negative balance because of scammer's charge back

Takeru_San
New Community Member

I sold $200 worth of Bitcoin on a trading site called Paxful.com. My PayPal balance now showed $200. I transferred that amount to my checking account. I was quite content that I made a small profit selling Bitcoin to someone. About a month later, I received an email from PayPal informing me that the buyer disputed the charge with his bank claiming that it was not him that made the purchase and as a result PayPal had to reimburse his bank $200. My balance is now showing negative $220.00 (PayPal added a $20.00 charge back fee to my balance).  I sent screenshots to PayPal's Resolution Center that PROVED that the transaction did occur. Regardless, after I spoke to a representative today, they cannot do anything about this because it is the buyer's (scammer's) bank that disputed this transaction and they had to reimburse their money.

Look's like I was scammed $220. I haven't yet deposited any money into my account to restore my balance to zero. It is still showing a negative. A collection agency is calling me to resolve this amount. 

Is there a way I can get PayPal to erase my negative balance from my account? Is there an appeals department that I can contact? Or will I have to deposit $220 into my PayPal account to restore my account balance to zero so the collection agency can stop calling me? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.