Need help/advice urgently!!!

JRAYBANDS
Contributor
Contributor
I sell sports cards through facebook and I just recently sold some higher value cards for almost less than half their value currently on ebay (where we base current going rates/prices on almost all cards). When negotiating on facebook with the buyer i told him very clearly 3 seperate times i would not be able to refund as I needed the quick funds for an emergency dental procedure and the money would be spent within 3 days of sale. This is why I sold them at such a low price to begin with. So we come to agreement and i get the money and ship him the cards and 4 days after my procedure he receives the cards and contacts me saying I sold him reprints/copies of the cards he shouldve received. I can swear up and down they are legit originals like the rest of the cards i sell but cannot prove this obviously. Told him I said multiple times I couldn't issue a refund and even offered to send more cards free of cost. Instead he opens a case against me. I send screenshots and files of the negotiation and agreement we came to but paypal awards him the case and im now in the red and cannot use paypal to sell cards now. Considering half of my income is from tge card business Im in a really bad spot. Does anyone know what I can do from here?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JRAYBANDS 

Sorry, sellers are not protected from Significantly Not as Described (PayPal disputes or credit card chargebacks/bank reversals) disputes. Buyer was not asked to return the cards to you by PayPal? Disputes from buyer's financial institutions don't normally have buyer return items so do PayPal in certain instances. You can try to appeal but I doubt it would do any good if there is no new compelling evidence that can make them change their mind. Screenshots can be edited so it is you said, they said.

Is this a chargeback and you incurred a chargeback fee besides the amount of dispute?

Its unfortunate you can't provide proof that they are not reprints/copies. Not much you can do really except take the buyer to small claims court and/or zero out your PayPal balance.

If this was just a regular PayPal dispute, PayPal would refund the buyer to avoid a chargeback.

How come you can no longer use PayPal? Did PayPal permanently limit/ban your account as a result of this very dispute? 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.