Is this fraud?

jminer92
New Community Member

so im trying to sell my laptop to a gentleman and he said he sent the payment but I don't have the money in my account, but I get an email from paypal saying

You received a payment from your buyer - Ship now
Dear James,
You have received a payment of $xxx USD from Jim  then his email
Estimated funds availability
The payment is currently PENDING as it awaits shipment verification, you are to get the item shipped out then email us the shipment tracking numbers for verification and the money will reflect in your account as soon as the shipment has been verified.

How to ship your buyer's item(s) and Payment assurance
• Pick up the item(s) and go to the nearest FedEx office to ship out the item(s).
• Get a tracking number with a receipt, enter the shipment details manually and reply this email for shipment verification.
• Instant funds to your PayPal account after shipment has been verified.

then at the end it says 

IMPORTANT NOTE: This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. Below are the necessary information required before your account will be credited. Reply this email with the tracking number of the package and our Customer Security Service Center will attend to your tracking details for your funds to be available.

is this normal??

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.