I need help

WPRenae
New Community Member
I recently made a eBay account to sell my art and I expected a bid so the person contacted me and asked me if they sent me the money would I put a gift card in the package and I said that was fine but then they said they wanted $400 on the gift card so I started to get hesitant and told them I would need the money before I purchase anything for that price so I told them the bill but they didn’t send the money through the link they sent it through email from “Online PayPal payment” I had never seen this before and it said I would not get and of the money until I emailed a picture of the gift card and receipt So then I told them I did not have the funds available to buy a gift card with that much money and they told me it was part of PayPal That PayPal was holding the money to make sure they got their gift card but if I didn’t have the money if I could buy a small amount of a gift card and email it PayPal would send me the rest of the money So I’m asking if this is a scam
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.