I need help!? Negative balance

MillaShows1
Contributor
Contributor

I sold 2 gift card in a private sale, obviously people don’t care about anyone but themselves and charge back. I was able to work it out with PayPal and the buyer. Then 1 month later apparently the guy lied and told his card company that they are fraudulent. So the case was re opened and there is nothing I can do about it. He got his money and now I’m dead. I have a negative balance of $120, and I not paying and losing my item. As if I even have the money either way. PayPal is completely unfair to me. I don’t know what to do. But I can’t just sit in the negative. People are saying they will begin to send collections after me. I am not ready to deal with this. I can’t even update any of my information because of the negative balance. Is there anything I can do to not have debt collectors after me. Or any way to get PayPal to help me out here. I know one thing is for sure. I am never coming back to PayPal again.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MillaShows1

You had no Paypal seller protection for gift cards, you can sell them but at your own risk.

A chargeback is done directly via the buyers credit card issuer and they make all the decisions and not Paypal, normally if you lose Paypal would compensate you under seller protection...........but you negated that by selling an item that sadly was not protected.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MillaShows1
Contributor
Contributor
You dont understand though, the case was closed and the buyer even agreed and ended it himself. How can they just bring the case back up after it was already decided in my favor. The buyer himself literally agreed
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MillaShows1

He may well have closed the first dispute then for whatever reason he changed his mind and did a chargeback.

That is his right if he funded that Paypal payment via a credit card.

As I said the credit card made that decision on behalf of their client and Paypal had nothing to do with it, all they can do is try and get the money back from you hence your negative balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MillaShows1
Contributor
Contributor
If i call paypal is it possible for them to just remove the negative balance, i shouldnt have to cover the tab for someone being a jack **bleep**
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MillaShows1

They will want you to pay it. Its your debt and they won't pay that debt for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MillaShows1
Contributor
Contributor
Did you just call this debt!? Your forgetting I LOST MY PRODUCT AND GOT **bleep** BY PAYPAL AND THIS BUYER. THERE IS NO WAY I AM GOING TO PAY THIS KRAP OFF. IT IS COMPLETE NONSENSE!! I didnt borrow money from paypal. I got my **bleep** taken from me!!
Login to Me Too

MillaShows1
Contributor
Contributor
Did you just call this debt!? Your forgetting I LOST MY PRODUCT AND GOT **bleep** BY PAYPAL AND THIS BUYER. THERE IS NO WAY I AM GOING TO PAY THIS KRAP OFF. IT IS COMPLETE NONSENSE!! I didnt borrow money from paypal. I got my **bleep** taken from me!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MillaShows1

Yep your debt, you were the one that chose to sell an item that was not covered by seller protection.

You did not get **bleeped over** (as you charmingly put it), by Paypal, you negated your own seller protection.

Yes you were scammed but you would have been covered if you had bothered to read up on seller protection and had not listed an item that was not covered by it.

You listed an item not covered / you were not covered by seller protection / your buyer filed a chargeback and you lost so yes its your debt and if you don't pay then Paypal will 'sell your debt' to a debt collection agency who will turn up at your home address or business to try and get that debt paid.

They will also limit your Paypal accounts useage if you don't clear the negative balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

alex-75
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately the "Seller Protection" is considered (by you and PayPal) as a default or main feature.
It is not.

I decided to use PayPal as a payment system. stop.

I sell financial items that does not require a shipment.

Does this means that EVERYONE in the world can use a stolen credit card or an hacked paypal account and buy my services?

Does it mean that EVERYONE in the world can lie and ask money back?

Where is the "fraud protection" that a payment system must offer?

It is paypal that MANAGE the buyer account and payment, it is too simple to say: "sorry, this decision is from the bank, the buyer can ask the money back in any moment for the next X months".

Unfortunately this phrase is not on the PayPal Main page.

On the main page the passed message is: "use our service, we manage the payment in a easy way for you and we protect you" and just continue to promote the "Seller Protection" everywhere (email/message/pages/reports).

Is it "safe" for me?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.