Getting accused for a false claim.

swoon1337
New Community Member

Hi,

So today I did some currency conversions for people with BitCoin. I got accused for an authorized purchase through this guy who owns the PayPal account and it is his card.

He paid $50.00 USD, he blocked me on everything therefore I can no longer get a hold of him. Should I contact PayPal trying to show them proof that he paid and it was him? Otherwise am I out of $50.00? I feel like PayPal's dispute and unauthorized card claims is a very flawed system.

The customer aka scammer used this link: https://ogusers.com/Thread-Refund-ANY-Paypal-Payment?page=1

Under that link says this:

1) Go on the transaction, file an item not described/recieved case.
2) Open up PayPal on an app, then tell PayPal that you would like to report and unauthorised charge, normally they would follow through.
3) Click on the link, copy and paste and link that to their live chat support.
4) They might ask a few question such as when you noticed it, ALWAYS SAY for example THIS MORNING. NOT YESTERDAY. IT HAS TO BE WITHIN THAT DAY.
5) They will then password reset; give them the code.
6) After 30-60 mins they will refund the payment!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @swoon1337,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a transaction disputed. If you were the seller in the transaction, it is important to note that there is no Seller Protection available for claims of unauthorized activity for digital goods and services. It is necessary to examine the risks inherent in these transactions and decide whether or not you wish to take them on.

It's also very important to note that transfers where you are providing currency conversion for others are not permitted through the PayPal system. This includes the sale or purchase of Bitcoin. Please review the Acceptable User Policy and the PayPal User Agreement to understand PayPal's policies and make sure that you are not in violation of them in the future. Violation of the policies can result in account limitation and the inability to use the service. To access these pages, click Legal at the bottom of the PayPal website.

I hope this information helps.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.