Fraud

Haley514
New Community Member

I recently sent my old friend $150 for sneakers that he was supposed to ship me. After he received the money he blocked me on every thing so I cannot get in contact with him. It’s Christmas time and it hurts that I lost that money due to fraud. Is there any way I could get help with this!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Haley514 

Whaaaaat kind of "friend" is this? And on x-mas too!

Did you send money as friends and family? The payment status will say "Money Sent". If so, then I am sorry, there are no refunds and no purchase protection. Otherwise, locate payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute.

But I suspect you sent funds as friends and family since you were so easily ignored OR the recipient is not familiar with Goods and services payment type and PayPal buyer protection.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Haley514 

Whaaaaat kind of "friend" is this? And on x-mas too!

Did you send money as friends and family? The payment status will say "Money Sent". If so, then I am sorry, there are no refunds and no purchase protection. Otherwise, locate payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute.

But I suspect you sent funds as friends and family since you were so easily ignored OR the recipient is not familiar with Goods and services payment type and PayPal buyer protection.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.