Dispute-Duplicate Payment + Chargeback

GoatLady2020
Contributor
Contributor

Had some goats for sale.  Buyer contacted me and selected 3 goats, we agreed on a price and that 1/2 would be a deposit now to hold the goats and balance due upon receipt/ pick up.  I received 1/2 of the price in July and before pickup the remaining balance in September.  Picked up the 3 goats and has had them for 3 weeks with no issue.  I am trying to make a purchase through PayPal and find that a dispute has been filed and limitation place on my account for the second payment plus a $20 chargeback.  I can't make the current purchase unless I deposit the outstanding amount.  I've been in contact with the buyer, we agree that there was no duplicate payment, she says that its her bank that filed the dispute and the bank has to remove it.  Now WHAT?  I've responded with screenshots of our text & messenger conversations, picture of the 3 goats being picked up.  At a loss on how to get this resolved ASAP.    

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GoatLady2020 

The chargeback obviously have to be settled first between the bank and PayPal which can take a while. The buyer can call their bank to have the case closed uncontested. Then its up to the bank to settle it as they are the ones who decide, not PayPal as all they can do is furnish the bank with the info you provided to fight your chargeback.

You can zero out the negative balance on your PayPal account now to make use of the account and await for the return/release of the money by PayPal upon settlement.

The account limitation could be another matter altogether that you'll need to resolve with PayPal.

You can contact customer service for further discussion about resolving your chargeback:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

If calling, call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.