Customer raised unauthorised use but now wants to proceed with sale

melbmarx

I've had a customer make a purchase and then shortly afterwords raise an unauthorized use dispute.    Since the money had only just arrived in the account and nothing had been shipped out I just selected the refund option and went on my merry way.   Turns out in subsequent email correspondence with the buyer that she had been spooked by several things and thought she was falling for a scam.    Now that she has confirmed all the bona fides she  wants to go ahead with the sale but could not find any option to cancel the unauthorized use dispute.    

Can the refund be cancelled and the dispute cancelled by the seller?   The dispute is in the 'We're reviewing your case and will get back to you soon' stage which in the current circumstances might not be that soon.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@melbmarx 

Let PayPal review the claim and I wouldn't be surprised if they denied the buyer's Unauthorized claim because no one broke into her account to make that transaction. But if they did, just send PayPal invoice again for payment. I doubt the buyer or you can cancel the claim. If it was possible, without having to call customer service, the buyer or you would have done it already by going to the resolution center to the case. And customer service is hard to reach at the moment as well.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @melbmarx, I hope you're doing well!
The buyer cannot proceed with the sale until the case will be closed. Since you issued a refund, the case should be closed in a few more days. Please advise your buyer that they can reprocess payment once PayPal closes the case they filed to avoid security issues on their PayPal Account. Stay Safe!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.