Buyer commits fraud and Paypal back the buyer without investigation

RCbr20

Any advice on the following please?

I sold some wheels on eBay in the UK for £165. The buyer paid with Paypal and then collected in person. He messaged on ebay and text messaged me to arrange collection and collected on the day of purchase. The following day he called up to say they didn't fit his car, so I advised on possible options.

3 weeks later he filed an 'unauthorised payment' dispute and despite me informing paypal of the above, and reporting the matter to action fraud, Paypal refunded the buyer within 2 days stating that 'They did not receive proof of postage' and closed the case. 

I cannot believe how easily they have refunded a blatant fraudster - any advise on how to proceed now the dispute has been closed?

I don't seem to have an option to appeal when I open up the closed case - it was only closed 2 days ago.

Paypal are a nightmare to get hold of - every time I call, the automated system states that they have no-one available to talk.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.