Buyer Case Closed on an Unauthorized /Fraudulent CC Charge & Reopened as a Not as Described Claim

ConfusedOne1
New Community Member

Paypal states Once a dispute or claim is closed, it can't be reopened.  Interesting, as it just happened to me, same Case # but now a different claim.

Sold an item on ebay, buyer paid via paypal. Buyer contacted me about a problem encountered with item. Initial email from buyer started off it with 'it doesn't work" followed by derogatory statements about me then threats, then onto I paid too much. I followed up with an email in attempt to cool buyer down, requesting what the issue was with assurance I would take care of her and she was free to return it. So over the course of a few emails back and forth I was able to ascertain the issue. Immediately after the buyers last email, which was a response to a fix that might have resolved the issue, I get a notice from payal that there was a claim of Fraudulent/Unauthorized CC purchase of the item. I responded to Paypal with Tracking and Shipper info. and a few days later the claim was found in my favor and claim was closed. Buyer had made no contact with me during this time accept for same day her claim was denied, asking if I had received her last email sent just before the claim was filed. When I got notice from paypal, my reaction of course and ebays was that the buyer was attempting fraud based upon the  above and the fact that no claim was filed with ebay. In addition, I know without a doubt the item was in excellent working condition upon shipment. So today I get a notice from paypal that the claim, same claim #, has been opened up now claiming item is defective or not as described. How that's possible, I don't understand, as Paypal states what just happened, can't happen.

I need advice on how to proceed. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.