Bracing for a slew of disputes/claims due to Postal Services delays in shipping. Thoughts?

ModlrsWarehouse
Contributor
Contributor

I own a small mail-order operation and use Paypal pretty much exclusively. In light of the all the recent Covid garbage, postal services around the world are very to slow to deliver and my customers (all international) are starting to threaten Paypal disputes and wanting refunds.

I have proof of shipping in each instance (there are more than 8 at the moment), and each instance shows the package somewhere either in the US Postal System or "In transit" to its overseas location. None of the packages are to countries restricting parcels (Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France).

Some of my more obnoxious customers are informing me that the delivery of their product is MY responsibility, despite having fulfilled my part of the transaction and getting the parcels into the postal system and providing proof of shipment.

Thoughts and advice on how I should proceed on this? I cannot afford to offer refunds (at $75 per package, plus $24-$35 shipping), knowing that the packages will probably arrive, they'll keep the product AND their money. The postal service is beyond useless in tracking their packages, hiding behind COVID-19 and saying that shipments made back in March are not technically "Lost", so no luck in filing claims on lost packages.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Jeff

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

simplehelp
Contributor
Contributor

i have same problem but only two items. but they total 900.00. i have called just about every number at us postal system. they all say it shows that it is in transit. i ask where is it in transit to?  they dont have a answer. i did get one person at customs hat says they went trough he no problem and turned over to post office for shipping. a postal person at consumer affairs [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]told me that they are so short of help that packages are being stored till they can get to them and its outside in a storage container.  the one person from london says his item now 60days late is rare enough that he will wait.  but other guy says he want money back.  like you say i feel the item will get there sometime but then what iam out the 150 plus the 65 shipping plus the item.  is paypal going to stand with the seller and **bleep** us like ebay will??   YOUR THOUGHTS.?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.