Better if the thing had been burnt; it's annoying to let the thief have it, it's disagreeable.

Mr_Bobby
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a ebay seller. Located in Japan. I sold a $200 typewriter to US buyer at the beginging of the january. I shipped it within one day via Yamato shipping company, it was delivered after 4 days. At the end of last month, I accidentally saw an Email from Paypal saying that I had fully refunded to buyer, because buyer opened item not received case on Paypal. I didn't knew about it, because I don't look my email often. Usually I solve any problems with buyer via Ebay message center or Ebay cases.

So firstly, when I saw this email, I wrote an Email to Paypal and they said that they refunded money because the tracking number wasn't trackable at USPS website. So I called Yamato and they said that when the item arrives at United States it proccessed by UPS. And they gave me UPS tracking. So I added UPS tracking to this transaction. It shows that the item was delivered and I decided to call PayPal again and they said: "We understand you, but we can't reopen the case or make another one. All what we can do is contact buyer and suggest you to contact the buyer too'. I contact PayPal one more time to double check that I'm not misheard - no hope.

With no hope I called Ebay. They said that they can't open case on there side. All I could get from them - removing fees from invoice. (The invoice wasn't updated, but they said that the changes might take effect within 24 hours)

I do understand that it is my fault that I didn't went into the gmail account and didn't saw an email from paypal, but why can't I make an appeal? Ebay does have this opportunity, why PayPal won't provide it. 

I wrote this here to hear suggestion from community forum members. Maybe there's other way to do something with this? Thank you.

BTW. When I contacted buyer he said that I'm a bad seller, because shipment needs aslo to have signuture conformation (not true. PayPal requies signuture on items that cost over $250) and  that someone steal this parcel from the front door. And because the estimated delivery date wasn't corrent so !attention! he couldn't safequard his parcel. You know, when you need to protect your packages from stealing, maybe lifetime victim is he, not me.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.