BUYER RIPPED A NEW LADIES TOP AND WANTS A REFUND

donna-mas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i sold a brand new joe browns tunic to someone on facebook have been doing this for quite awhile now.

All the Labels were attached and and the item was checked before posting.

It took the buyer 10 days to let me know she received it, i had to message her and she replied yes she had and thanked me.

the next day she messaged me and asked me for a refund and i said that i dont refund that was stated on the listing.

Then the next day she messaged me again and said that the top was ripped and wanted a refund.

So she has contacted paypal about this.

Where do i stand with this.

Would appreciate any suggestions from anyone

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@donna-mas 

If the buyer opens and wins a paypal dispute for item received but not as described then normally they have to return the item back to you first before you have to refund.

They can then claim their return postage costs back from paypal if they have activated that option on their paypal account.

However if they have opened a chargeback directly via their card issuer and wins then card issuers don't ask the buyer to return the item for a refund first.

They would just take the funds from you and you get charged the card issuers processing fee as well as the refund.

If however you win then you don't refund so make sure you put in as much information as possible via 'messages to the buyer' etc that paypal may read before the buyer escalates the dispute to a claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

donna-mas
Contributor
Contributor

And also does the buyer need to send the item back to me.

As i have read that paypal listed that the item be kept and refunded.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@donna-mas 

If the buyer opens and wins a paypal dispute for item received but not as described then normally they have to return the item back to you first before you have to refund.

They can then claim their return postage costs back from paypal if they have activated that option on their paypal account.

However if they have opened a chargeback directly via their card issuer and wins then card issuers don't ask the buyer to return the item for a refund first.

They would just take the funds from you and you get charged the card issuers processing fee as well as the refund.

If however you win then you don't refund so make sure you put in as much information as possible via 'messages to the buyer' etc that paypal may read before the buyer escalates the dispute to a claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.